Residential Garbage Collection Guidelines
• Please have waste ready for collection no later than 7 a.m.
• Refuse must be in bags or cans, weighing no more than 40 pounds.
• Tree branches, brush, shrubs, and fencing must be tied in bundles, weighing no more than 40 pounds, and being no longer than 4 feet in length.
• Branches may be no wider than 3 inches in diameter to avoid damaging equipment.
• Per Federal Law, refrigerators, freezers, and air conditioning units must be drained of all Freon and have an accompanying bill verifying Freon has been drained
• ITEMS NOT ACCEPTED: dirt, rocks, bricks, concrete, tires, batteries, motor oil, cooking oil, waste generated by a private contractor, hazardous/toxic chemicals or material, construction material, no more than 1 room of carpeting, bundled and less than 40 pounds. Items not collected will be tagged explaining reason for non-collection.
• For communities receiving backdoor service, please note only household waste will be collected away from the curb unless otherwise stated. Yard waste, heavy trash, and recycle bins/carts must be placed at the curb for collection.
Recycle Collection Guidelines
The following items are accepted in our curbside recycling program:
Paper: Newspaper, Magazines, Catalogs, Junk Mail, Envelopes, Office Paper, Construction Paper, Colored Paper, Folders, Paper Bags, Phone Books, Holiday Cards and Greeting Cards
Cardboard: Corrugated Cardboard Boxes, Paperboard Boxes (cereal, soda/beer, egg, shoe boxes)
Containers: Aluminum Cans, Tin Cans, Steel Cans, Empty Aerosol Cans, Aluminum Foil, Plastics #1-#5 & #7 (milk, soda, water, juice, shampoo, detergent, pool supplies, pet food), Metal Pots and Pans, Copper, Scrap Metal (nails, screws, gutters), Milk and Juice Cartons, aseptic packages
Commonly Mistaken Unacceptable Material: PLASTIC BAGS, STYROFOAM, GLASS, Wrapping Paper, Used Pizza Boxes, Coat Hangers, Paint and Solvent Containers, Light Bulbs, Mirrors, Windows, Dishes and Cups, Pyrex Pans, Wet or Soiled Paper, Paper Towels, Facial and Toilet Tissue, Disposable Plates and Cups
WCA is your source for Houston dumpster rentals. Click here to order a dumpster today!