Fairway Trash Collection
NEW Curbside Collection Services
Trash carts and recycling bins must be at the curbside no later than 7 a.m. on your collection day. Trash, recycling, and yard waste for all of Fairway is scheduled to be picked up on Monday of each week. Any missed collections from Monday are to be reported to WCA within 24 hrs (on Tuesday).
Solid Waste Collection Map and Request Services
Click here to request an extra pick up or other services
Curbside Collection Service Provider
Fairway has contracted with WCA to service your area. For more information about WCA, visit www.wcawaste.com.
WCA of Fairway observes some holidays and will not collect trash or recycling on these particular holidays.
- New Years Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
Residents will be allowed to set out more than 96 gallons of household trash (does not include bulky items) at no additional cost on two (2) designated collection days per year.
- The collection day following the 4th of July
- The collection day in between Christmas and New Year's Day
Trash Cart Exchanges
Please contact WCA at (816) 380-5595 to order your smaller cart. Cart exchanges are free but are limited to 1 exchange per resident, annually.
What can be recycled with this new program?
Click here to download the recycling information sheet
- All paper/fiber products (junk mail, newspapers & magazines)
- Corrugated cardboard
- Boxboard cardboard
- All household plastic containers marked with the recycling symbol (with or without caps) (Including Plastics #1-#7 except for Plastics #6)
- Aluminum containers
- Steel cans
- Tin cans
Items That Are NOT Collected for Recycling:
- NO Glass products
- NO Plastic Bags
Disposal of Yard Waste: Yard waste cannot be mixed with trash or recycling. Yard waste is to be placed at the curb separate from trash and recycling.
- Yard waste will be collected at the curb on your regular service day.
- Accepted materials include: grass clippings, leaves, plants, small shrubs, and limbs (less than 2 inches in diameter)
- Yard waste can be placed at the curb in biodegradable paper bags or in homeowner-provided containers clearly marked “Yard Waste.” Items should not weigh more than 50 pounds.
- PLASTIC BAGS will not be accepted.
- Tree branches and limbs must be tied with string or twine in bundles no more than 4 feet long and 18 inches in diameter. Bundles should not weigh more than 50 pounds.
- Wood fencing, landscape timbers, flower pots, yard decoration, mulch, rock, dirt and similar items are not considered yard waste and will not be collected.
- WCA will collect Christmas trees that have been cut into sections no more than 4 feet in length. All decorations and tinsel must be removed.
Bulk Waste & White Goods
Up to two bulk items per month will be collected at Fairway households. Scheduled collection for one “no charge bulk item” is on the 1st and 3rd service day each month. Bulk items include: couch, chair, dresser, mattress, etc. Bulk item collection excludes appliances and electronics waste items such as televisions and computer monitors. Construction materials will not be collected.
For bulk item collection, a notification can be made by calling WCA at 816-380-5595 or submit a service request at wcawaste.com/fairway. Notification prior to scheduled collection day is not required but is requested for manpower and routing purposes. Additional removal of bulk items exceeding 2 items per month may be arranged by Contacting WCA to make arrangements.
Appliances or items not qualified as “bulky items” can be collected for an additional fee. Contact WCA at 816-380-5595 or submit a service request at wcawaste.com/fairway. Non-freon containing white goods are charged a $25.00 service fee billed to resident.
WCA Proudly Serving Fairway