Residential & Commercial Recycling
Acceptable Commingled recycling materials are:
• Paper: Newspaper, Magazines, Catalogs, Junk Mail and Envelopes, Office Paper, Construction Paper, Colored Paper, Folders, Paper Bags, Phone Books, Holiday Cards and Greeting Cards
• Cardboard: Corrugated Cardboard Boxes, Paperboard Boxes (cereal, soda/beer, egg, shoe boxes, etc.)
• Containers: Aluminum Cans, Tin Cans, Steel Cans, Empty Aerosol Cans, Aluminum Foil, Plastics #1-#7 (milk, soda, water, juice, shampoo, detergent, pool supplies, pet food, etc., excluding Styrofoam), Metal Pots and Pans, Copper, Scrap Metal (nails and screws, gutters, etc.) All containers must be rinsed and contain no food or liquid #1: PET Plastic Containers #2: HDPE Plastic Containers #3: PVC (no pipe) #4: LDPE #5: PP (food grade plastics only no industrial plastics) #6: PS (no styrofoam) #7: OTHER (food grade plastics only no industrial plastics) Aluminum Cans
NOTE: NO household hazardous material, automotive product containers, batteries (For the above items, please contact Springfield Recycle Hotline @ 417/864-1904 or via website www.springfieldmo.gov/recycling)
• Unacceptable materials include: Styrofoam, plastic bags, gift wrap, blueprints, hanging file folders, aseptic containers, paper cups, paper plates, tissue paper, paper towels, photographs, pet food bags, fertilizer bags, charcoal bags, kitty litter bags, oil, anti freeze containers, or plastic containers with chemicals.
DO NOT “PLASTIC BAG” MATERIALS – NO PLASTIC BAGS ACCEPTED NO GLASS JARS OR BOTTLES WILL BE COLLECTED
Thank you for choosing Waste Corporation of Missouri to provide your trash service. In order to give the best possible service we would like to have your cooperation in the following areas:
• Have trash out the night before your service day
• Allow clear and easy access to the containers
• All trash must be bagged
• Dogs should be properly restrained
• All needles/sharps should be sealed in a metal or heavy plastic container
We do not accept the following:
• Car or truck parts
• Hazardous waste
• Car or truck batteries
• Animal waste or carcasses
• Paint or household chemicals
• Oil, gasoline, or anti-freeze
• Yard waste, grass, leaves, sticks, etc. In case of hazardous road conditions we will do everything possible to perform scheduled services, however, if we are unable to complete routes we will pick up everything on your next scheduled service day.
We do not issue credits for act of God weather conditions.